The Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician course concentrates on technical procedure for successfully completing the restoration of a fire and smoke damaged environment. Students will learn how to combine technical procedures with a practical approach to managing the job site and how that relates to pricing the job, and practical application for cleaning deodorization of fire and smoke damaged structures.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction: definitions causes of fire damage;
- Characteristics and type of smoke
- Conducting the inspection
- Estimating/inspection procedures
- Integral strategy and planning
- Restoration chemicals, supplies and equipment
- Deodorizing and Odor Control:
- Restoration options and the restorer’s responsibility
- Furnace systems and ductwork
- Structural cleaning
- And More!