FSRT-June-ONLINE (additional instructions will be emailed to registrant)
The Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician course concentrates on technical procedure for successfully completing the restoration of a fire and smoke damaged environment. Students will learn how to combine technical procedures with a practical approach to managing the job site and how that relates to pricing the job, and practical application for cleaning deodorization of fire and smoke damaged structures.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction: definitions causes of fire damage;
- Characteristics and type of smoke
- Conducting the inspection
- Estimating/inspection procedures
- Integral strategy and planning
- Restoration chemicals, supplies and equipment
- Deodorizing and Odor Control:
- Restoration options and the restorer’s responsibility
- Furnace systems and ductwork
- Structural cleaning
- And More!
ON LINE INSTRUCTIONS-IICRC
Thank you for registering with The Academy for our Live Stream [FSRT] on [06-16-20] with [Nate Seward]. Please read the below information carefully to assist you with a seamless exam pre-registration with the IICRC. As for the actual live-streaming class, you will receive your webinar class log-in information before the class begins. You will need to have the Zoom app on your computer or laptop. (this is a free app)
IICRC Examination Process:
To take the IICRC exam for this course, you must register for the exam separately from The Academy course registration. This should be done before class starts. Please click on link below to complete exam registration and pay for your exam. If you are having trouble with the registration follow this link to a short registration video to help you with the process.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR EXAM
IF you have problems registering first watch the video for explicit instructions.
If you are still having a problem, go to the IICRC.org website and start an “online chat” with the IICRC and they will be able to help you. (Do not call and leave a message as they are all working offsite).
- You must use a unique email address for exam registration.
- You cannot register more than one (1) person per email address.
- Please use the date listed above, course category and Instructor name in your exam registration to ensure accurate exam setup.
- Once exam registration is complete and payment made, you will receive your login information for your online exam profile.
- You may begin the exam upon completion of the last day of class.
- Requirements for taking the online exam are as follows:
- Strong internet connection
- Operating system requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10 or MacOS 10.11+ (El Capitan)
- Web browser Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
- Camera and Microphone
- Find a detailed list here: https://proctorfree.com/technical-requirements/
Please note that while taking the WRT exam on-line you may have the following at your computer:
- Calculator (you may not use your cell phone as a calculator)
- Pen or Pencil
- Psychrometric Chart
- Dehu calculation sheet
If you have questions about the course, please contact us at email@example.com If you have questions about the Exam, please contact IICRC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSTITUTIONS: Student substitutions may be made at no additional charge. Submit in writing to email@example.com or call 562-698-1279.
TRANSFERS: Students may transfer to the next same class type. Transfers must be in writing and authorized by ATF. Up to three (3) transfers can be scheduled at no additional charge and must be transferred within one year of the original class date.
REFUND/CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be in writing. Refund schedule as follows:
Cancellations 7 or more days before class – 80% Tuition Refunded
Cancellations less than 7 days before class – No Refund
No Call/No Show – No Refund
BUNDLE PRICE POLICY: If you do not attend both classes in the same month and request a transfer of one of the classes to another month you will be charged the savings difference between the bundle price and the regular price. (This does not apply to WRT/ASD Combo)