CONTENTS RESTORATION… BEYOND THE BASICS
Overview of this 2- Day CEC Course:
Restoration Contractors deal with contents in almost every insurance claim, on some level. This has raised the need to do additional training for all staff who are involved in Contents claims. One of the prime benefits of this course is to help you better understand today’s current abilities when dealing with contents claims in your company.
Properly handling, inventorying and restoring of soft and hard contents, textiles, art work and general personal property items has become a specialty service within the disaster restoration industry. There have been many changes, especially in the last few years, as techniques and processes have been developed that can salvage a great deal of contents that were previously written off.
This 2 day Course includes:
- Contents cleaning & deodorization
- Determining whether to clean off-site or on-site
- Proper Pack-out and Pack-back techniques
- Situations contributing to the increase in contents claims
- What important role does the insurance adjuster play
- Key points on how to set up your facility
- Valuable Vendors
- Listing, handling and manipulation of contents.
- Tips on evaluating the loss and determining the scope of work needed
- Idea’s on what to say….and not say to property owners and adjusters
- Latest technology and procedures contributing to controlling contents restoration costs.
- Ways to minimize damages and loss with contents stored at your facility
- Working with TPA’s
An understanding of what can or cannot be restored to pre-loss condition can make a huge difference in how a claim progresses. This course will assist all involved in a Contents claim in regard to; effective communication, realistic expectations, expenses associated, and much more.
This is a great refresher for staff who have been dealing with contents for several years. Also, it can be used as a overview and primer for newer staff who deal and process contents on a regular basis. Either way the course and hands on demonstrations will benefit everyone involved.
This course is presented by Lori Young, Certified Restorer, IICRC Master Certification in Fire and Smoke, Certified Residential Mold Inspector, Author and Instructor for RIA (Restoration Industry Association) CLS (Contents Loss Specialist) Program and Restoration Contractor with extensive real life experience dealing with these types of situations.